Conanicut Marine Services Inc. welcomes all boaters and ferry guests this summer season. Getting out on the water is a great opportunity to practice social distancing, getting some fresh air, and relaxing.
Conanicut Marine Services Inc. is following guidelines set forth by the state and marine trade associations in order to safely continue operations for our customers and employees alike. These contingencies are open to change at any given time due to the ever-changing regulations and executive orders directed by the state, marine trade association and federal agencies:
State of RI COVID-19 Information
We ask our guests to help us follow the Phase II Guidelines and protocols per Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo, as of June 1, 2020, which are the following:
• Screening: All employees and patrons should be screened prior to entry to the facility for any symptoms of COVID-19.
• Physical distancing: Patrons and staff, whenever possible, should maintain six (6) feet of physical distance between themselves and others who are not part of their household, in accordance with current RIDOH and reopeningri.com guidance.
• Group Size: Group size should be limited in accordance with the most current executive orders. Patrons should not congregate on the docks, parking lots, common areas, or near other customer boats on land. Customers should go from vehicle directly to boat and back.
• Face Covering: Face masks must always be worn on Conanicut Marine Services Inc. properties by all guests, customers, contractors, and employees. FACE COVERINGS OR MASKS SHOULD NOT BE WORN BY: Anyone whose health would be harmed from wearing a face covering: Infants, babies, or children under 2 years old. You may read the full text of the governor’s executive order regarding wearing face masks here. For more information: health.ri.gov/covid.
• Sub-contractors: Contact our Service Manager via phone before arriving at any CMS facility.
• The marina facilities are CONDITIONALLY OPEN. Contact the Dockmaster with any questions on marina operations.
• Launch service capacity will be assessed on each trip to maintain social distancing policies set forth by the state.
• The fuel dock is open. Fuel discounts are available. Please stay aboard your vessel when arriving and fueling up.
• Seasonal mooring and dockage customers are requested to contact the Dockmaster in advance of their arrival.
• All communication between the marina and boaters will be made via phone, email, or VHF radio. Conanicut Marina monitors VHF channel 71.
• Reservation requests are actively being accepted online and via phone.
• Payments for dockage and moorings can be made by credit card and are accepted online on this site or dockwa.com or can be made by phone.
Boat Yard and Vessel Services
Boat yard and vessel services operations are CONDITIONALLY OPEN. Contact our Service Manager with questions.
Conanicut Ship's Store & Chandlery and the Gift Shop
Conanicut Ship's Store & Chandlery and the Gift Shop, both located at 20 Narragansett Avenue, are open Monday–Saturday, 9am–3pm. Masks must be worn inside the store and six-foot social distancing between customers and employees is in practice. For marine parts, you may come by the store during regular hours, or email our Parts Manager or call him to make arrangements.
Jamestown Newport Ferry Hop-On Hop-Off Service and Scenic Cruises
• The 2020 Jamestown Newport Ferry has begun. We continue to monitor the current set capacity limits and will re-address as new guidelines are announced or sooner, should capacity and distancing restrictions get lifted.
• We will be reducing the number of passengers we will carry on our vessels. Please leave at least one empty seat between yourself and fellow passengers while on board all vessels. Guests are asked to adhere to the minimum spacing requirements while purchasing tickets and while boarding and departing our vessels. The exterior upper deck on the COASTAL QUEEN is open for outdoor seating, under a hard-top cover, to provide you with additional personal space and distance from other passengers. Cloth face masks covering the nose and mouth area may be required on all trips per RI mandate. Please be prepared with a cloth face mask for each passenger over the age of 2 years old.
• Our crews will wipe down all hard surfaces including hand rails, seating, door handles and bathrooms with disinfectant between and during runs. We will have hand sanitizer on board our vessels and we encourage its use by riders. We have instructed our team members to remain at home if they are showing any signs of being sick and we ask our riders to be considerate of other passengers and do the same. The health and safety of our customers and employees is our highest concern. JNF will continue to monitor and make necessary updates as conditions change.
Conanicut Marine Services Inc. Contact Information
Dock Office - VHF 71
Dockmaster - (401) 418-3438
Asst. Dockmaster - (401) 742-9208
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 3:30pm