Due to the current health crisis, Conanicut Marine Services Inc. is enacting contingencies in order to safely continue operations for our customers and employees alike. These contingencies are open to change at any given time due to the ever-changing guidelines, regulations and executive orders directed by the state, marine trade association and federal agencies.
As of April 14, 2020: Customers and employees must wear face coverings, per Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo’s Executive Order 20-24. Face coverings help prevent illnesses like COVID-19 from spreading to others while speaking, coughing, or sneezing. Your face covering can be a scarf, bandana, or a homemade mask. It should cover your mouth AND your nose. FACE COVERINGS OR MASKS SHOULD NOT BE WORN BY: Anyone whose health would be harmed from wearing a face covering: Infants, babies, or children under 2 years old. You may read the full text of the governor’s executive order regarding wearing face masks here. For more information: health.ri.gov/covid.
Services at Conanicut Marine Services Inc. are CONDITIONALLY OPEN:
• Face masks must always be worn on Conanicut Marine Services Inc. properties by all guests, customers, contractors, and employees.
• All sub-contractors must contact our Service Manager via phone before arriving at any CMS facility.
• The marina facilities are CONDITIONALLY OPEN on MAY 15 with limited services to customers and the public.
• The Conanicut Marina dock office will have window access only for those customers who need assistance or ice sales; ONLY CMS employees are permitted inside the dock office.
• Limited access to the docks will be available in the coming weeks, check with the Dockmaster. Restroom facilities are open to our SEASONAL DOCKAGE AND MOORING CUSTOMERS ONLY.
• We are currently assessing our parking shuttle service and will make it available to our customers when we feel it meets RI health and safety compliance guidelines.
• Launch service will begin on May 15. Call the Dockmaster or send an email to arrange for an appointment for after-hour launch service.
• Launch service capacity will be assessed on each trip to maintain social distancing policies set forth by the state.
• The fuel dock will be open from 9–5 during May. Fuel discounts are available. Please stay aboard your vessel when arriving and fueling up.
• Seasonal mooring and dockage customers MUST contact the Dockmaster in advance of their arrival.
• Anyone entering the marina from out of state must self-quarantine on board the vessel for two weeks, per the Governor's Executive Order, or proceed immediately from their vessel to car and return home.
• All communication between the marina and boaters will be made via phone, email, or VHF radio. Conanicut Marina monitors VHF channel 71.
• Launch vessel services may assist with providing quarantined boats with provisions and checking up on such quarantined vessels as per state and DEM regulations.
• Reservation requests are actively being accepted online and via phone.
• Payments for dockage and moorings can be made by credit card and are accepted online on this site or dockwa.com or can be made by phone.
Boat Yard and Vessel Services
Boat yard and vessel services operations are CONDITIONALLY OPEN. Contact our Service Manager with questions.
Conanicut Ship's Store & Chandlery and the Gift Shop
Conanicut Ship's Store & Chandlery and the Gift Shop, both located at 20 Narragansett Avenue, are open Monday–Saturday, 9am–3pm. Masks must be worn inside the store and six-foot social distancing between customers and employees is in practice. For marine parts, you may come by the store during regular hours, or email our Parts Manager or call him to make arrangements.
Jamestown Newport Ferry Hop-On Hop-Off Service and Scenic Cruises
• The 2020 Jamestown Newport Ferry season will begin operations on June 6, 2020. This later opening date is due to the Governor's limited capacity and social distancing restrictions. We continue to monitor the current set capacity limits and will re-address this when Phase ll opening guidelines are announced or sooner, should capacity and distancing restrictions get lifted.
• We will be reducing the number of passengers we will carry on our vessels. Please leave at least one empty seat between yourself and fellow passengers while on board all vessels. Guests are asked to adhere to the minimum spacing requirements while purchasing tickets and while boarding and departing our vessels. The exterior upper deck on the COASTAL QUEEN is open for outdoor seating, under a hard-top cover, to provide you with additional personal space and distance from other passengers. On board all vessels, we ask that you take appropriate measures to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus, including washing your hands often, observing social distance guidelines, and covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or the inside of your elbow if you need to cough or sneeze. Cloth face masks covering the nose and mouth area may be required on all trips per RI mandate. Please be prepared with a cloth face mask for each passenger over the age of 2 years old.
• Our crews will wipe down all hard surfaces including hand rails, seating, door handles and bathrooms with disinfectant between and during runs. We will have hand sanitizer on board our vessels and we encourage its use by riders. We have instructed our team members to remain at home if they are showing any signs of being sick and we ask our riders to be considerate of other passengers and do the same. The health and safety of our customers and employees is our highest concern. JNF will continue to monitor and make necessary updates as conditions change.
State of RI COVID-19 Information
Conanicut Marine Services Inc. Contact Information
Dock Office - VHF 71
Dockmaster - (401) 418-3438
Asst. Dockmaster - (401) 742-9208
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 3:30pm